Y6/5 6-a-side Football Tournament at Bournemouth Collegiate School – 30th September

Game 1 vs Stroud

Moyles Court started off confidently and moved the ball well in the opening stages of their first game. The team shape looked secure and Rohan was at his best at the heart of the Moyles Court defence. As the game continued, Moyles Court failed to carve out any clear cut chances and were made to pay the price by two quick fire goals from Stroud. Moyles Court struggled to get their attackers into the game and were unable to respond. The final scoreline was perhaps harsh on a team that were in good spirits and who were in the game for the vast majority of the match. Final score: 2-0 to Stroud.

Man of the Match: Rohan


Game 2 vs BCS A Team

BCS started off very brightly in the opening moments of the match and tested Lewis, in goal for Moyles Court, with a series of long and close range attempts. Lewis was up to the challenge and almost single-handedly kept Moyles Court in this match. The defence soon tightened up and began to frustrate the BCS attack, who were beginning to become a little sloppy at the back. Harrison tested their pace on the wings and was almost successful on a number of occasions, if not for some strong defending from BCS. The opening goal eventually came for BCS and they quickly added a second following a counter-attack which originated from a Moyles Court corner kick. Moyles Court defended well for long periods and were able to keep BCS at bay for long periods of the match. However, they again struggled to create chances of their own and it would always prove to be difficult against such tricky opposition. Final score: 2-0 to BCS.

 Man of the Match: Lewis


Game 3 vs Castle Court

Moyles Court School started off very slowly in this match and were beginning to feel fatigued from the previous two high-energy football matches. Castle Court started off strongly and scored thanks to a long range effort that perhaps should have been blocked by the Moyles Court midfield. This was quickly followed by a second Castle Court goal. Heads began to drop in the Moyles Court ranks as they were overrun and were struggling to break down Castle Court. Moyles Court then conceded a third and fourth goal due to some sloppy play in midfield, with passes going astray and players not tracking back when needed. A shift in defence with Alex moving alongside Adam  did help Moyles Court to get a grip on the game and they were noticeably better once this change came into effect. Both Adam and Alex communicated well and were able to prevent any further serious attacks from Castle Court. Final Score: 4-0 to Castle Court.

Man of the Match: Alex


Game 4 vs Hampshire Collegiate School

Due to the results in the group stages, Moyles Court entered the Plate Trophy competition and were drawn against Hampshire Collegiate School. After a long wait following the previous matches before this fixture going to both extra time and penalties, Moyles Court decided to implement a new strategy and aim to test the opposition goalkeeper from distance. However, it was HCS who struck first from distance, shooting past Lewis as he could do very little to block their attempt. HCS tried a similar tactic straight after the kick-off, with Lewis only able to parry the ball into the path of an opposition striker, who tucked the ball away to make it 2-0 to HCS.

Unlike the previous game against Castle Court, Moyles Court rallied and the trio of Rohan, Alex and Harrison dragged Moyles Court back into the game. The pressing from midfield was much better, tackles and blocks were beginning to frustrate the HCS attack and Moyles Court looked dangerous on the counter. Jack saw his first time shot saved by the goalkeeper. Harrison tested their keeper from distance. Moyles Court were edging closer towards grabbing a goal and perhaps a way back into the game. Finally, their perseverance had paid off after Harrison attacked with pace down the left hand side before firing in from the edge of the box to make it 2-1. Within minutes, Harrison had scored a second; swivelling his body on the edge of the box to bury the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. HCS were stunned and Moyles Court were now in the ascendancy. They were the better team and were beginning to push for a winner, with Harrison desperate to complete his hat-trick. However, barely minutes away from time, HCS scored thanks to another long range effort that Lewis Dyer could not reach. It proved to be decisive and Moyles Court were knocked out with a final result of 3-2 to HCS. The scoreline indicates how close the encounter was, even though Moyles Court were desperately unlucky to not at least draw in this match.

Man of the Match: Harrison with one of the finest performances ever seen in a Moyles Court shirt.